Sunday, January 10, 2010

Undecided...

I must begin by saying Happy New Year to all and I hope your year is all that you've imagined thus far.  I know for me 2009 was a bit rough with family sickness and death.  I am truly hoping that 2010 is  a better year.

Well as I said before I received a Cricut Expression for Christmas from my parents and it has been a little challenging.  The infomercials sure do make it look so easy to whip something out and in no time flat they have the cutest new design.

I am NOT so lucky.  Here is my first project.  I was going to make my very first card for my SIL on her wedding.  You may ask "Why black?"  Well that was the color of her bridesmaid dresses. 

I must admit this looks much better in the photo than it does in person.  The problem I have is that..well I just don't know what to do on the inside.  I'm not very good at being creative for one thing and maybe I'm just now very confident in myself.  Another issue I have is that some of the cartridges are just a little pricey so I am a little hesitant when it comes to increasing my cartridge collection. 

If anyone knows where I could get cartridges for a discounted price PLEASE let me know.  It's pretty liminting when you only have 2 cartridges. 

I almost forgot....I didn't give her the card, I bought one!!  ;o(

~Jamie

3 comments:

  1. You should have given it to her!!!!! Very pretty! There are a lot of things on the 2 carts that come with the CE! Took me a bit to figure out what all I could do!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Ebay for your cartridges, that's where I have purchased the majority of mine. I have almost 60 cartridges and for the most part, have paid under $30 for about 85% of them! Cricutmachine.com will also have some awesome sales every so often... good luck. Your card was pretty, you should have given it to your SIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have about 65 carts have generally don't pay over $25 per cart. I have been collecting my carts for a few years so they add up over time. But I did get 16 free with rewards points and the Gypsy download. It's insane how much money we will spend on crafting.LOL I just discovered a new site Cricutmachine.com. They have new carts for $16.75 to $25 and have amazing sales. You cards are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete