Sunday, August 23, 2009

Room to grow...

I don't know about you but whenever I get the chance I like to take something that is on the verge of you can say death and bring it back to life.

Yesterday my mom and I decided to take a trip down to the local Lowe's and check a few things out. I immediately look for the rack with all of the plants that are on clearance and nearly dead. There is nothing more gratifying to me than watching something that is on the verge of death spring back to life.

I have included pictures of my $1.49 purchase yesterday. This is a pink hibiscus. I am so excited to watch it bud new leaves and grow into a beautiful plant. As you can see it is in pretty bad shape but I have faith!


When I transplant any of my plant I always use Miracle Gro plant food to help give it a boost. One thing to remember is to never add Miracle Gro to a very dry plant. Always water it a bit and let it soak in because if not you risk damaging your plant.

When I am working with a plant that will produce a flower I always add 1 scoop of Miracle Gro All Purpose plant food and 1 scoop of Miracle Gro Bloom Booster. The Bloom Booster helps your plant produce more buds and all the buds produced are much more vibrant.


So $1.49 later with a bit of dirt under my fingernails our tired little hibiscus now has a new home and Room to Grow!!

Most of the time when you purchase plants that are in need of a little TLC all that is needed is a little pruning and new pot for the roots to spread out and it'll be on it's way to giving you many years of beauty.
Please feel free to share all of your plant rescue or resuscitation stories...
Jamie





4 comments:

  1. I have no plant resuscitation stories...mine just turn a "code blue" and stay that way! HA! I have noooo green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! That looks like a very satisfying bargain!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just found your blog, you are right down the road from me. You inspired me with this plant. I need plants but low on funds at the moment. But I can afford plants like this. I am going to Lowe's to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Your right! Im from Louisiana and have lived here all of my life. Wonder what else is out there?.....Good food???? Hehe You know what Im talking about dont cha!

    ReplyDelete