Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A trip through the wilderness..

First I would like to say thanks to my new followers for joining my blog. You guys made my day. I was so excited to break the 5 member mark. Doesn't take much to make me happy...as you can tell. So thanks again and I really hope you enjoy.

This past Sunday my husband and I decided to take a little ride into the woods that are located behind our house. We currently live in the country so we just hop on the 4-wheeler and head out to the woods. I know I'm such a country girl...but I wouldn't have it any other way!! Give me a pair of rubber boots a baseball cap and beer and we're on the road to a good day! LOL!
Well on our trips into the woods I always bring my camera because you just never know what you're going to come across.

Here is one of the things we come across very regularly this time of the year. I need to mention that I absolutely FEAR, HATE, DESPISE, oh and did I mention HATE spiders. They just really creap me out. I hate their sticky webs and their fuzzy legs. UGH!!! (goosebumps forming as I type) We refer to these spiders as Banana spiders....why I have no idea, but they are just creepy. There webs are so big and if you ever touch one it is extremely sticky. Not to mention they grow entirely to big for my liking. EEEKKKK!!!


So now that I have probably scared you off from an adventurous ride through the Lousisana wilderness hopefully this will bring you back to the positive side. When we ride in the woods my husband is looking for all signs DEER and I'm looking for all signs anything I can take a picture of. Well Sunday was a good day for me because I was able to get a shot of this cute little guy.
He was kind of small and just the cutest little thing. He also had a friend with him but I couldn't get a good picture of him. So next time you take a ride in the woods don't forget your camera.
Jamie


2 comments:

  1. I love exploring the woods too. Growing up, our subdivision was built in the middle of tons of wooded acres. I spent all day every day out in those woods. Wading in the creeks, climbing trees, building forts, collecting rocks, I was a little Tom boy. There is nothing more beautiful than God's handiwork.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I appreciate it! It's tough to get around and meet everyone so I apologize for being days late visiting you *smiles* Now I'm with you, I hate spiders! And give me a cold beer any day and that's a great day *smiles* Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete