Wednesday, August 19, 2009

He's a Hard Workin' Man...

Well that's right he's a hard workin man! My husband and I have recently begun a GINORMOUS project and are trying to save a little bit of cash by doing some of it ourselves. We have finally broken ground on our new shed/toy storage/outdoor kitchen project. This will now be the new home for our camper, boat, and numerous others as well as my little haven for DIY projects that I may feel the need to complete.

So my cement contractor began his part of the job and then it was my husbands turn to begin his part because like I said we are trying to conserve on cash. He's has decided in order to save quite a bit of money he is going to "rough in the slab" all by himself. I agree that would probably be a good idea beings he is an all around handy man and completely capable.

Well let's just say I didn't realize how much work this would entail otherwise I may have suggested he get a little help. I get a call from him while at work stating that he is beginning what will turn out to be an extremely long night. I received the phone call around 11 o'clock that morning and came home to see him looking like this.....

I trying not to fall over in laughter bring him a bit to drink and head into the house where I begin to get ready for a softball game. I get outside once I'm ready and I look at him working so hard and begin to feel soooo sorry for him because it is now 5 o'clock in the evening and he isn't even close to being finished. Note: His deadline for himself was work until I'm done!! So I being the good wife I am grab a shovel and begin digging trenches right on the side of him. After digging a while he tells me that he asked a local high schooler to come and give him a hand, so as soon as he showed up I give up my shovel and kick back and watch as they get after it.

If you remember I said he began working at 11 that afternoon...well he didn't come in until 4 AM! Yes that is right 4 AM. He was back up at 6 AM...that's right 2 hours later and went out to finish so the cement contractor could finish and having it looking like this....

So here we are thus far. We are having progress and all is going well. I know this post is a bit long but it has been such a hectic process to get to this point. All I ask is for prayers that mother nature is on our side.



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have made good progress - hope it carries on as well!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete