Monday, August 17, 2009

Being a little Crafty

So my husband and I were invited to an engagement party for some friends of ours this weekend and I decided to be crafty with the gift wrap. Tried to give a personal touch.

List of supplies:

1-box for gift
1-paper bag (with a little ironing to take out some of the creases)
1-silk flower of your choice (preferably with more than 1 flower per stem)
2-bolts of ribbon of your choice
1-roll of double sided sticky scrapbooking tape
1-bottle of craft glue
scrapbooking scrap paper by the pound
scissors
and a good imagination



As you see here I have a picture of most of my supplies. It's a bit chaotic but I'm sure you can manage.

All I did was wrap the box with the paper bag, then took the wide ribbon an adhered it to the present with the double sided sticky tape and repeated with the smaller ribbon going over the center of the wider. I then cut the 2 flowers off of the stem and adhered them with the craft glue and let it sit all day to make sure the glue dried.

And VIOLA!!! Here is the finished product. I even made the card out of scrapbooking scrap paper. I found a letter online and traced and cut the "D" out because their last name once married will begin with a "D". I must say I am a bit proud of myself for this DIY gift wrap!!

I'm participating in Make Your Monday !

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I really love things wrapped in brown paper - it has that nostalgic feel to it plus everything goes with it! Your gift turned out really nice! The monogram is a very sweet touch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and so personal! I wonder about the age of shells, too! Where have they been and what have they seen!

    ReplyDelete