Friday, June 5, 2009

OMG!!!

So as you see this is our darling Blue Heeler Sadie!! She is an absolute sweetheart. Hannes an I have been having her for nearly 7 years now and she is my husband's shadow. She loves her dad that's for sure.
So why the OMG...well I couldn't find her but tonight. When I got home from work I let her out to do her daily duties and she came back in the house for a while. Well I had since begun to start working on finances and she gave me her sign that she wanted to go out again. Well by this time I am totally involved in my checkbook and paying bills that about 20 minutes or so had gone by and it is now dark outside. I decide to let her back in the house for the night and I open the door and no Sadie. So I begin calling and calling and whistling and calling and clapping and whistling and well you get the picture. This lasted for no less than 15 minutes. Now this is extremely unlike her so I am beginning to panic because my husband is at work and now I have to call him and tell him I can't find your dog. OMG!!! So I make the dreaded phone call and he proceeds to say "Well did you go outside and call her?!?!" an I say "Yes for the last 20 minutes!" So now he tells me to get in my truck and go ride in the sugar cane fields and look for her. Holy Cow...what am I going to find. I begin to pray...."please lord don't let me find her dead or hurt!!" In the meantime my parents who live just down the street from us call Hannes and tell him that she is at there back door barking to come in the house. Hannes calls to inform me and I immediatley say "That d@#n dog!!" So I hall my butt to my parents and find her completely out of breath and sweaty. Bless her heart she is scared shitless. So we have come to the conclusion that there must have been something chasing her for her to 1- leave our yard and 2- to be barking at the back door...(something she absolutely never does). So OMG...what a night!!!!

So much for going to bed early!!!

2 comments:

  1. HAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!! So glad she is safe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a cutie. Glad she's ok. =)

    ReplyDelete